I am nearly half way through my 2nd week of the holidays. In this time I have been in school 5 times
- Monday 16th July
- Tuesday 17th July
- Wednesday 18th July
- Monday 23rd July
- Tuesday 24th July
On these days i was in school for 8.30am and left around 2,30pm. This means that taking out breaks I have been in school for
In this time i have
- Sorted and tidied the indoor PE Store
- Sorted and cleaned the Outdoor main PE Cupboard
- Sorted and re-organised the Science and DT Cupboard
- Sorted my classroom out and de-clutter
- re-backed all display boards and put up new displays
This has taken a total of 25 hours ish.
I haven’t finished there though. I know when i go in in Aug there will be things to be added because the SMT has decided from there holiday meetings!
I know people will ask why I have been in so early and for so much time:
1. I always like to get things done: I know I wouldn’t fully enjoy the weeks off if I knew I had a classroom to sort, i prefer to get it done now so I know I have 4 and a half week to myself!
2. I like everything to be just so. I know out of these 25 hours I have sent quite a but of time re-organise and getting things just right (after all I do get told I am the OCD teacher in the school)
3. I enjoy it!! Sad but I really enjoy the sense of starting again and having a blank canvas!
So here is my classroom- ENJOY!!
A view from the door
Science and topic Displays – the science we are covering is Rocks and Soil (Year 3 unit) ands the topic we are looking at is: Creation stories
Maths display – This is a shape display with fact file underneath the cards
This is but a few pictures.
There is still more to do but I will not be in until Tuesday 28th Aug when we have our first teacher day.
Have a good Holiday
SUMMER BREAK BEGINS