What is the 100 word challenge for grown ups (100WCGU)
This is a weekly challenge for those who are over 16 and enjoy challenging themselves with writing. Each week you are given a prompt. It may be a few connected words, a selection of individual words or a picture. You have 100 words (or the number that have been set for that week) to write a creative piece. One of the great things about the 100WCGU is how people visit other blogs and read the entries. It is all about supporting our writing and giving constructive feedback and support. For some, it is the start of longer pieces of writing, even novels!!
This festive addition you need too…
- Write a 50 word piece on the theme
- Post it as usual on your blog & here at Julia’s Place
- Wait until you have got fed up with all the festivities and there are a some entries and chose one
- Write the next 50 words of the entry you have chosen as if you were continuing the story. It’s like the old party game of consequences when you wrote something on a piece of paper, folded it over and passed it on. This will give you the opportunity of writing in the genre chosen by someone else!
- Link to the piece you are continuing. You should have lots of visitors over this time!
Looking back on the year past, I considered the reasons why the year might not be so jolly; bills to pay, deadlines to meet, and then there was some illness.
“Merry Christmas,” a smiling child.
Joy quickly returns, “Merry Christmas, sweetheart.”
Slowly I remembered all the joy that was and all the happiness that had been and within that moment I was overcome with happiness
“Come here” I said, embrace him and holding him with love in my heart.