A few days ago I posted a blog titled ‘New Term’. In this I asked what people where looking forward to in the new term. I was asked this question when I went into school for the first time and this linked nicely with something I had heard the week before when I was in Ireland on my holidays. I have now looked at the results and the reasoning for asking this question can now be explained.
Below are the suggestions I received. I have just copied them all over and bullet pointed them in random order to make the results seem more transparent.
The purpose of this is to prove the point that teacher and teaching is not all about the holidays. I was listening to a radio program when I was on holiday that suggested that all teachers enter the profession because of the holidays they receive. In the comment I received there was no mention of the holidays; the primary focus was on meeting and getting to know the children and trying out new strategies that people have thought off/discovered over the holidays. I believe this helps to prove the radio presenter wrong and to prove that the majority of teachers are in the profession for the right reasons. To teach the children correctly.
- I’m looking forward to starting my new topics…got all new ones and want to plan some fab lessons! Also getting to know the new class, getting back to running my clubs again, and being back in the classroom full of energy and excitement as opposed to how tired I was in mid-July!!!
- Seeing all the children, that were in my class last year, starting Year 1.
- Meeting my new children and parents.
- Welcoming a new teacher and TA to our team.
- The smell of your new stationery!! Plus all those lovely ideas above
- Having “my own” classes – with more freedom now that I am not being observed every lesson!
- Having a classroom to decorate – although I don’t teach in it all the time, I can’t wait to personalise it.
- Getting stuck in to my NQT year and working hard again! (Yes, I am a workaholic, haha)
- I would definitely rather be closer to a workaholic teacher than a lazy one! Also, I love the new stationery… had glue sticks, laminating pouches and pens delivered to my classroom today – so exciting!
- Returning to teaching after 7 months off sick.
- Meeting my class.
- Putting into practice all the amazing ideas I collected through Twitter while off sick.
- Starting my NQT year and embracing the challenge of teaching in KS2
- Having my very own classroom and the freedom to try out new things
- Becoming part of the team in a lovely school and knowing that I won’t be saying goodbye after a couple of weeks!
- Meeting my class properly and getting to know all the weird and wonderful things about the
- Finally getting paid for all the hard-work and no longer being on placement!
Overall I believe this proves that teacher are in the profession for the right reasons.
What do you think?
What do you think?